At VOC, our timeshare cancellation guarantees are actually backed by 100% success rates. We don’t need to pay for client reviews or public endorsements to establish our credibility. Since 2014, we’ve taken pride in offering a quality service that people can trust and rely on. If you were to reach out to any of our clients on social media, they’d be more than happy to expand on their experience. We’re not here for a piece of the timeshare pie, we genuinely want to help you vacation the way you deserve. With that being said, here are some tips for avoiding timeshare exit fraud.
- Check with the Secretary of State or Corporate Commission for the state the exit company is claiming to be located in order to validate their length in business and good standing. If the sales rep states they’ve been in business for 10+ years, then their state filing should mirror this.
- Ask as many questions as you can about the company and the city they claim to do business in. You’ll easily be able to detect timeshare exit fraud by catching salesmen in a lie.
- Analyze the consistency of reviews. If the exit company says they’ve been in business for 5 years but all reviews are within the last 90 days, they’re more than likely fake.
- Look for clusters of reviews. In other words, if a majority of their reviews are within a few weeks of each other or there are lapses, their reviews are more than likely paid for.
- Reach out to people on social media platforms that have left positive reviews and ask about their experience. Our clients would be more than happy to endorse us!
- Determine if all of their reviews are only 1 and 5 stars. It’s highly likely that the 1 star reviews are real and the 5 stars are paid for to bring up their overall star ratings.
- Look for power words like “escrow” in their marketing. Scam artists use certain lingo to make the service appear trustworthy and safe. Don’t be fooled, they mean nothing.
- Research company stakeholders and employees (or “agents”) on social media. Linkedin is a good place to assess their work history. Manufactured Home Salesman or College Admissions Representative to CEO of XYZ Timeshare Exit should be a red flag.
- Look on Glassdoor for previous employee reviews.
- Dig for previous lawsuits filed on the company or any of its affiliates. Past employees could have cases filed against them and co-conspirators normally have a track record.
- Review the company’s guarantees. Make sure the guarantee of service is actually in writing. Moreover, promises regarding your credit can’t be made without fully executed release or settlement documentation from your timeshare (prior to you falling behind on any payments or dues). If they state anything to the contrary, they’re falsifying information.
Preventing Vacation Ownership Exit Fraud with Integrity.
Although timeshare exit fraud continues to grow, there’re always a way to battle misconduct. We believe the best way is to educate fractional owners on the reality of the industry. At VOC, we take the time to ensure all paperwork is validated and at your disposal. Transparency and available documentation has allowed us to build a trustworthy reputation over the years. In fact, we’ve already pursued a majority of major travel corporations and won. Before advising you to cease payments to the resort, we confirm the timeshare has acknowledged our terms. We believe we’ve gone great lengths to show timeshare owners we’re sincere about helping them.
When it comes to canceling timeshare agreements, we’re solely focused on protecting you as the consumer. In order to uphold our reputation, we have to keep your best interests at the forefront at all times. This typically means providing thorough communication and actually following through with our promises. To learn more about our exit company, you can either schedule a Free consultation or proceed with our qualification form below. Otherwise, use this checklist to help you discern the right choice and avoid timeshare exit fraud.