Terms of Service
Vacation Ownership Consultants, LLC., “VOC,” is Not a Law Firm and Does Not Provide Legal Advice.
VOC provides a platform for legal information, self-help and document processing. The information provided by VOC along with the content on our website related to legal matters (“Legal Information”) is provided for your private use and does not constitute legal advice. We do not review any information you provide us for legal accuracy or sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide opinions about your selection of forms, or apply the law to the facts of your situation.
If you need legal advice for a specific problem, you should consult with a licensed attorney. Neither VOC nor any Legal Information provided by VOC is a substitute for legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed to practice in an appropriate jurisdiction. As VOC is not a law firm, please note that communications between you and VOC may not be protected as privileged communications under the attorney-client privilege or work product doctrine.
Your use of the Services does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and VOC, or between you and any VOC employee. Unless you are otherwise represented by an attorney, including a Participating Attorney, you represent yourself in any legal matter you undertake through our Services.
VOC is not a “Lawyer Referral Service”.
VOC does not endorse or recommend any attorneys, nor does it make any warranty as to the qualifications or competency of any attorney.
More simply put:
VOC does not provide legal advice—only a licensed attorney can do that.
Interactions with Attorneys
When you use our Services, you will have the opportunity to initiate contact with an independent attorney (a “Participating Attorney”). Participating Attorneys are NOT employees of VOC. Participating Attorneys are third-party independent contractors who carry their own malpractice insurance and have agreed to provide answers, limited consultations or other basic legal services to VOC clientele. Communicating with a Participating Attorney through VOC is NOT required. However, if you choose to communicate with a Participating Attorney through VOC, please note the following:
- When you contact a Participating Attorney through VOC, he or she may provide you with an initial consultation, legal review of your forms or documents, or answers to your legal questions.
- When you contact a Participating Attorney through VOC, he or she may ask you for some information regarding you and your legal affairs in order to properly address your questions. By using our Services, you consent to sharing such personally identifying information for the purpose securing legal advice with both the requesting attorney and with VOC. VOC will have access to any communications submitted through our platform for fulfilment and quality assurance purposes.
- If you contact a Participating Attorney, you control both the duration and depth of the interaction. Any attorney-client relationship formed during the course of that interaction may, at your option, either
- end when the interaction with the Participating Attorney ends, or
- continue if you wish to engage the Participating Attorney for further legal services.
- If you wish to create an attorney-client relationship with a Participating Attorney that extends beyond your use of our Services, that relationship will be on whatever terms you establish with the attorney in question. Those terms do NOT involve VOC and, except for pre-negotiating special discounts for our members, we do not set, control or influence them. For example, the Participating Attorney may ask you to sign a formal representation agreement regarding the scope of work they will perform, the cost of their legal services, and the handling of any out of pocket expenses they may incur.
- Participating Attorneys may be compensated by VOC for Services performed on your behalf, however, VOC does not receive any share of legal fees collected by any attorneys in our network. In all cases, VOC will not influence or interfere in any way with any attorney’s independent professional judgment. Participating Attorneys reserve the right to refuse to perform legal services on your behalf in their sole discretion.
- VOC is an information provider and documents preparer and does not endorse or recommend any attorney, including any of the Participating Attorneys. VOC makes no representation or warranty as to the qualifications or competency of any Participating Attorney or as to the accuracy or completeness of any Participating Attorney’s work.
VACATION OWNERSHIP CONSULTANTS, LLC, SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES RENDERED BY ANY ATTORNEY YOU ENCOUNTER ON OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE, AND ANY USE OR RELIANCE ON SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
More simply put:
The attorneys you find through our website are independent contractors, not VOC employees, so they’re free to set their own terms and fees. VOC is not responsible for the services or advice they give. We can access any messages you send to an attorney through the VOC website for fulfillment and quality assurance purposes.
More simply put:
We provide an attorney for processing legal documents as a service, not for litigating. It’s up to you to research any lawyer you’re thinking about hiring. VOC is a consulting service for timeshare owners looking to eliminate their unwanted property.