FREQUENTLY ASKED TIMESHARE QUESTIONS
Have questions about cancelling your timeshare? We have the answers.
America’s Top Rated
Timeshare Exit Services
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO CANCEL A TIMESHARE?
While it’s true that a timeshare contract is a legally binding document, it is mistaken to think that such a contract cannot be cancelled. This is a myth perpetuated by timeshare developers and user groups that are funded maintained and controlled by the timeshare industry. Under general contract law, the truth of the matter is contracts are cancellable for a variety of reasons including fraud, misrepresentation and failure of consideration. In addition to obtaining thousands of timeshare cancellations our contracted legal team has filed and won, either by judgment or settlement, multiple lawsuits against the worlds largest timeshare developers and continues to pursue such actions.
WHAT WILL I NEED TO START THE PROCESS?
To find out if you are eligible, you will first need to complete our eligibility form and provide the following documentation to our team:
• Copy of original deed/point certificate
• Copy of your most recent maintenance fee bill/mortgage statement
• Copy of your original contract
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCESS TAKE?
Our timeshare termination and/or mortgage contract cancellation is estimated to take 6 – 24 months for completion depending on your ownership.
WHAT IF I ALREADY PAID A "LISTING" COMPANY TO SELL MY TIMESHARE, WITH NO RESULTS?
You may be eligible to take legal action in small claims court against the “listing” company and get your money back. It is against the law to charge an upfront fee for the “sale” of real estate, including timeshare properties. Speak with your consultant for more information.
WILL I HAVE TO GO TO COURT?
In recent years new techniques pioneered by real estate attorney’s who specialize in timeshare litigation have emerged. These techniques reached their ultimate fruition in a series of lawsuits filed on behalf of a group of timeshare owners who wanted nothing more than the complete release, termination and cancellation of their timeshare interests. Other similar actions have followed, all seeking cancellation and termination of timeshare interests for the type of fraudulent and deceptive conduct that is frequently utilized by timeshare sales people to induce unwitting potential owners to sign on the dotted line. Such conduct includes the following representations, typically made at the time the timeshare was sold:
- That the timeshare interest purchased would appreciate and increase resale price and value over time.
- That the timeshare interest purchased could be freely exchanged, transferred and sold.
- That the timeshare interest purchased was a financial investment.
- That the timeshare interest purchased would result in the purchaser receiving booking priority over non – purchasing vacationers wishing to stay at one or more of the properties owned and/or maintained by the defendant. As a result of the filing of such actions, timeshare companies have become much more amenable to releasing timeshare owners from their timeshare obligations even without resorting to litigation and client ever having to appear in court.
The success of our contracted legal team has created a streamlined process that provides an effective and more affordable solution to eliminate your unwanted timeshare compared to class action or personal litigation.